Monday, November 3, 2008

Gratitude in the chaos

I finally join the ranks of those who post their thoughts upon this site for all to see. Sometimes I feel as though I'm writing a book about my life inside my head. So why not post some of these thoughts, I asked myself?

Today is about sippy cups. My kitchen cabinet is being overtaken by the small plastic hydration vessels and I wonder if I will ever see my china and glasses again. Sometimes I feel like throwing them all out because of the chaos they bring to my cabinet. The lids, the plungers (that are supposed to keep the cups from spilling), and the various colors of plastics truly spill off the shelf-much to my chagrin. I try so hard to keep them organized! Then, a still small voice reminds me that I have so much to be thankful for. Including the reasons for owning these chaos cups: my two little blessings, Grace and Samuel. For them, I am overwhelmingly grateful. I'm wading through the chaos in my life as a mom of two young children and seeing just how much I need to enjoy the moments that God has so graciously given me during this busy season of my life.

Enjoy the chaos friends.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Welcome to bloggyville! Wow this is so cool Hannah. I way stoked!! Love you bunches, mom.

Denise said...

I came here from your dear moms blog. Welcome to the blogging world sweeetie.Bless you, and your thankful heart.

AnAh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fisher Family said...

Hannah I am dreadfully turning the BIG "30" on December 17......I don't know why I'm having a hard time with it....Just not being in my 20's is sad...I remember when my Mom turned 30 and thought she was so old.....Take Care and I guess Im glad someone else is turning with me in the Great Month of December....